Friday, February 15, 2008

The Art of Spawn - Maskless Spawn figure (McFarlane)




As any decent comic lover would know, Spawn (or Al Simmons, as he was once called) is the demented brainchild of Todd McFarlane. Recently, I managed to buy myself a Spawn figure from 'The Comic's Corner' for RM 70.

Looking at the box itself (left) already gives you a rather accurate impression of the figure itself. Highly detailed, but not very rigid. In this time and age that is all fine and well; as they say, first impressions are often one of the most important - this action figure should fare well then.


The figure itself is immensely detailed, clearly the people at McFarlane were having a ball designing this because it is superb. It has to be one of the most detailed figures I have ever seen, if not the most. Even his trademark chains (which have become synonymous with his name) can move freely, thus making it easier to pose him with other figures, e.g. strangling a predator figure. This specific Spawn of mine stands at about six inches tall and is lighter than a decent sized burger (think double whopper).

Posing


This Spawn may not have many points of articulation on it, but it is still a rather good poser. This may not be the case in rooms or flat surfaces; I feel that he poses best in grass where his legs cannot be seen, this is because they are uneven unless you put him on his stand. grass also makes him look taller. Since the unevenness of his legs make him hunch a bit, I would think that putting another figure on the ground (in his line of sight; crawling away or sprawled) will look perfect. The thing is, I do not have many figurines so I cannot do it. If anyone can, please help send me a photo. I beg of you...

Overall





All in all, I would say that this is a brilliant action figure. It is highly detailed, is painted brilliantly, and is a Spawn. The figurine does have its misgivings like the lack of articulation points, but then again, what doesn't have misgivings? For what its worth, I would highly recommend it. Ignore me if you will, but give the figurine a chance. I may be worthless, but the figurine isn't.

Miscellaneous Pictures





He looks pissed... (or is he constipated?)






He faced the Violator. He faced the Vandalizer. He even faced the devil himself, but Spawn is up to the ultimate challange... Facing a K-9 ten times larger than himself...

No comments: